Mr. Dwayne Northcraft
Dwayne Northcraft was hired in 2016 to lead the Southern Huntingdon County School District. Working his way through college in residential construction, farming and at the 16,000 square foot Meat Laboratory near Beaver Stadium, he graduated from Penn State University in 1987. Mr. Northcraft began teaching science and agriculture in Ephrata, PA. After earning his graduate degree and administrator certification, he became a principal at age 29 and was then promoted to Director of Education and Superintendent of Schools. In his 36th year of service in Pennsylvania public education, with over a decade in the Superintendent’s post, Mr. Northcraft is a seasoned educator with a student-centered approach that is needed in our educational system. He encourages continuous improvement and knows that education is serious business. Our superintendent has formed partnerships throughout the community and collectively works with the staff and Board of Education to expand student opportunities. It is commonplace to see Mr. Northcraft at community and school events, supporting and encouraging our youth to reach their greatest potential. His door is always open to discuss ideas, concerns and District initiatives. SHC is proud of our outstanding District and community—small enough to provide individual attention yet large enough to provide opportunities to prosper. We encourage your involvement as we help every child find joy and passion in their own pathways. In Mr. Northcraft’s words, “every day is a good day for a parent-teacher conference.”
- Policy Review of Section 800.
- Submit Comprehensive Plan and obtain PDE approval.
- Following the results of the sewage facilities appeal process, the Superintendent will coordinate with the School Board to address the aging elementary facilities.
- Expand co-teaching Districtwide with a focus on Kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Expand MTSS to include speech and increase Tier support for math and reading.
- Provide professional development on math retention strategies and verify implementation through administrative and math consultant observations.
- Continue horizontal and vertical alignment of curriculum (ELA, Math) to increase student achievement.
Superintendent Evaluation 2022-23 school year:
According to Section 1073.1 of the Pennsylvania School Code, superintendents must be evaluated via an annual performance review using objective performance standards.
At the May 2023 meeting of the Southern Huntingdon County School Board of Directors, the Board determined a rating of Distinguished for Superintendent Dwayne Northcraft for the 2022-23 school year.