Mr. Dwayne Northcraft
Dwayne Northcraft was hired in 2016 to lead the Southern Huntingdon County School District. Working his way through college in residential construction, farming and at the 16,000 square foot Meat Laboratory near Beaver Stadium, he graduated from Penn State University in 1987. Mr. Northcraft began teaching science and agriculture in Ephrata, PA. After earning his graduate degree and administrator certification, he became a principal at age 29 and was then promoted to Director of Education and Superintendent of Schools. In his 35th year of service in Pennsylvania public education, with over a decade in the Superintendent’s post, Mr. Northcraft is a seasoned educator with a student-centered approach that is needed in our educational system. He encourages continuous improvement and knows that education is serious business. Our superintendent has formed partnerships throughout the community and collectively works with the staff and Board of Education to expand student opportunities. It is commonplace to see Mr. Northcraft at community and school events, supporting and encouraging our youth to reach their greatest potential. His door is always open to discuss ideas, concerns and District initiatives. SHC is proud of our outstanding District and community—small enough to provide individual attention yet large enough to provide opportunities to prosper. We encourage your involvement as we help every child find joy and passion in their own pathways. In Mr. Northcraft’s words, “every day is a good day for a parent-teacher conference.”
- 1. Oversee all facets of the elementary building project.
- 2. Work with the administration to increase student achievement (standards, assessments, alignment).
- 3. Review, revise and vote on policy Sections 300, 400 and 500.
- 4. Identify areas of need to allocate ESSER II funds and develop sub-committees that will create plans with budgets for each identified area of ESSER II expenditures.
- 5. Submit quarterly reports on Board-approved templates for the following programs/initiatives: Online Program, Safe School PIMS report, MTSS and Out-of-District Special Education Placements.
Superintendent Evaluation 2020-21 school year:
According to Section 1073.1 of the Pennsylvania School Code, superintendents must be evaluated via an annual performance review using objective performance standards.
At the June 15, 2021 meeting of the Southern Huntingdon County School Board of Directors, the Board determined a rating of Distinguished for Superintendent Dwayne Northcraft for the 2020-21 school year.