Mr. Dwayne Northcraft
Dwayne Northcraft was hired in 2016 to lead the Southern Huntingdon County School District. Working his way through college in residential construction, farming and at the 16,000 square foot Meat Laboratory near Beaver Stadium, he graduated from Penn State University in 1987. Mr. Northcraft began teaching science and agriculture in Ephrata, PA. After earning his graduate degree and administrator certification, he became a principal at age 29 and was then promoted to Director of Education and Superintendent of Schools. In his 36th year of service in Pennsylvania public education, with over a decade in the Superintendent’s post, Mr. Northcraft is a seasoned educator with a student-centered approach that is needed in our educational system. He encourages continuous improvement and knows that education is serious business. Our superintendent has formed partnerships throughout the community and collectively works with the staff and Board of Education to expand student opportunities. It is commonplace to see Mr. Northcraft at community and school events, supporting and encouraging our youth to reach their greatest potential. His door is always open to discuss ideas, concerns and District initiatives. SHC is proud of our outstanding District and community—small enough to provide individual attention yet large enough to provide opportunities to prosper. We encourage your involvement as we help every child find joy and passion in their own pathways. In Mr. Northcraft’s words, “every day is a good day for a parent-teacher conference.”
- Oversee all facets of the elementary building project.
- Serve as mentor to beginning HS/MS principal.
- Provide SHCSD curriculum to PDE and IU11 for math and ELA content review by PDE content specialists.
- Complete yearly Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) evaluations to earn a seventy percent or higher PBIS TFI rating in all buildings.
- Hold a Budget and Finance Committee Meeting by November 30th to provide a District budget analysis with financial projections based upon the elementary building project cost and future operating cost.
- Review, revise and vote on policy sections 000 Local Board Procedures and 900 Community.
Superintendent Evaluation 2021-22 school year:
According to Section 1073.1 of the Pennsylvania School Code, superintendents must be evaluated via an annual performance review using objective performance standards.
At the May 17, 2022 meeting of the Southern Huntingdon County School Board of Directors, the Board determined a rating of Distinguished for Superintendent Dwayne Northcraft for the 2021-22 school year.